Wednesday, November 28, 2012

We got the boat flipped over and sitting upright

Well, last week we got the boat flipped over and sitting upright.  I decided to use 4 chain hoists on my A frame lifts instead of having a bunch of people come over.  I figured someone would have too much to drink and end up getting crushed under the boat!

Well, I didn't take any pictures of the actual flip, because I was trying to do it by myself and I was nervous.

About halfway over, with one side of the boat 10 feet straight up in the air and stuck, I called Johnnie for some help.  I had one side of the boat stuck in the dirt and the other side stuck on the A frame.

John came over and promptly told me to cut off about a foot of my 2x6 boards that were bolted across the gunnels and were currently dug into the ground.  A few minutes later with the help of Mr. Sawzall, the boards were cut, the boat was free and setting on the jig, right side up!







No comments:

Post a Comment