Thursday, September 13, 2012

Almost forgot to install the spray rails!!!

Well I was getting ready to start doing the final fairing on the hull today, and hopefully get ready for paint next when I remembered that I had not installed the spray rails yet.

So I started ripping down Meranti plywood at 3/4 and 1 1/2 wide to make the spray rails.  I used a simple 45 degree miter to join them together.

I decided just take the 8 foot long pieces of spray rail out to the boat and install then one at a time, instead of making one long piece.  I glued the first rail on and held it in place with screws and fender washers.  Then repeated the process.  No problem, as long at they dont fall off when I take the screws off!

I have to add an additional 3/8 piece tomorrow to finish the main spray rail.

Here are the pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment